People are always asking me, "Natalie were you just eating chocolate?"
And I'm all like, "no, you're weird. I never eat chocolate... like never."
Okay, okay, all cards on the table...
If you're really pushing me to shove...
I'll make an honest woman outta me...
I've eaten chocolate once.
And I kinda liked it.
Here's how you can like it too:
- Put a full fat can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for two days. Then...
- Scoop the cream from the top of the can into a conveniently placed mixing bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup cocoa powder (give or take a table spoon - to each their own, you know). I prefer Valrhona.
- Pour in 1/4 cup organic maple syrup.
- Add roughly 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Pinch in 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (your taste).
All of these directions are up for debate and change based on your extremely respectable, personal preferences. I don't make the rules, I just sort of write them.
Oh yeah... mix everything up. Keep it cold or it will get weird and melty.
When the time seems right, spread your chocolate cream on cupcakes, fruit, or even a loved one. Keep in mind that it melts easily.
If your chocolate is anything like mine, you'll find that people simply cannot hide their enthusiasm. They will show this by sneaking it. ;)
Let me know how it goes.
Make chocolaty choices. :)